This Christmas, Helen Cummins and the abcMallorca team are reaching out to island residents to support Mallorca Sense Fam. In turn, the hope is that all families across the island will be able to enjoy a comfortable Christmas.
Find out below how you can help!
1. Donate one bag of Christmas shopping
You can drop-by Mallorca Sense Fam with a strong bag or box including the following:
- Basic groceries (rice, sugar, pasta, canned fruit, tinned fish, olive oil)
- Sweets (turrón, chocolate, boxes of sweets, biscuits)
- Hygiene products (shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, soap)
- Children’s present, 0 – 15 years (books, board games, colouring books, pencils, paints, toys, winter clothes, sports games)
Some things to bear in mind:
- Where possible please shop local as opposed to buying online. This will help support the local economy and help reduce the number of families enlisting for help from Mallorca Sense Fam.
- Second-hand items are accepted but please make sure they’re in good condition. Newly bought items are preferred.
- Please note that alcohol is not accepted.
- All donations can be dropped off at Mallorca Sense Fam on Calle d’Avinyó, 12, 07014 in Palma.
2. Donate money to the abcMallorca Community GoFundMe page
abcMallorca has set-up a GoFundMe page which will remain open all year round for anyone in the abcMallorca and hc/ communities who would like to donate to Mallorca Sense Fam.
Every euro counts!
3. Shop local
There’s never been a more important time to support our local businesses. Instead of turning to the likes of Amazon.com, try to shop as locally as possible this Christmas. There are hundreds of businesses in Mallorca selling beautiful artisan products and homemade pieces which make great presents. Try to pop into your local boutique store this winter and find something different to put under the tree. If we can all do this, it will help strengthen the local economy as we move through winter into spring.
Klas Kall and Barbara Bergman are the couple behind Palma’s famous lifestyle store, Rialto Living. In an intimate interview they share how they work together.Read More →
Join Marc Kuenzle at his Casa Lima store in Palma as he shares the secret behind designing his handmade ‘Made in Mallorca’ furniture.Read More →
We meet the founders of Contain; a slow design studio collaborating with Mallorca’s finest craftsmen to create bespoke illuminations.Read More →
Trust designer Justine Knox and let your imagination run wild – she is trusted time and time again for creating bold and beautiful homes.Read More →
Beauty treatments began with Cleopatra and her baths of lactic acid, Dr Morano tells us. Today’s treatments are considerably more advanced.Read More →
Beauty is not the only outcome. Dr Fernández works on an emotional level to restore her patients’ original youthful facial structures.Read More →
Mallorca-based architect Alejandro Palomino is flying all over the world with his unique designs which use 100% sustainable materials.Read More →
Organic Studio can’t be defined by a single item. It’s the sum of its careful selection which creates consistently beautiful homes.Read More →
From everyone at helencummins.com, we want to say a massive thank you to the hc/ Slow community for their support. To all the people who read the hc/ magazines this year to our amazing clients who continue to work alongside us – we are so grateful to have you as part of our community.