Latest modification: September 2021
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a file that web sites transfer to any equipment that connects to them. Although the purpose of cookies is often solely technical, they can also allow actions including the storage and recovery of information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information that they contain and on how the equipment is used, they can also be used to recognise the user.
There are cookies that are controlled and managed by the title holder to the web site (they are called “own cookies”) and others that are controlled and managed by third parties (known as “third-party cookies”), for example, because these provide a tool or a functionality that forms part of the web site.
Certain cookies are cancelled once you finish browsing a web site (session cookies), while others can remain stored in the user’s equipment and be accessed for a longer period of time (persistent cookies).
What kind of cookies do we use and what for?
We use the following kind of cookies on this web site:
- Technical cookies or cookies that are essential for providing the servicesWe use technical cookies to be able to provide the services requested by our users. These cookies are essential for browsing and for using the different options and services of the web site, such as, for example, controlling the traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, using security elements while browsing, storing contents for the dissemination of videos or sounds, or for sharing contents over social media.
- Personalisation cookies
In order to optimise the user experience of our web site, we use personalisation cookies that enable us to configure the web site and its services in accordance with the preferences of the user or with the general characteristics of their equipment, for instance, the browser used and its version, the operating system installed, etc.These cookies are used, for example, to remember the parameters that were chosen by the user in their visits, to orient the contents of the web site in accordance with their language or location, or to maintain the accredited status of registered users.
- Analysis cookies
Analysis cookies allow us to measure and analyse the activity of web sites and draw up browser profiles of users.We use the cookies of GOOGLE ANALYTICS, MATOMO (PIWIK) and HOTJAR to gather Anonymous and joint statistics that enable us to understand how users use our web site, with a view to improving it and adjusting it to the preferences of our visitors.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS is a tool provided by Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway. Mountain View, CA 94043. USA. You can get further information about how GOOGLE ANALYTICS works and the cookies used by this service via the following links:
You can disable the GOOGLE ANALYTICS cookies by installing the disabling accessory created by Google in your browser. This is available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/
MATOMO (PIWIK) is a tool provided by InnoCraft Ltd, with registered offices at
150 Willis St, 6011 Wellington, New Zealand. You can get further information about how MATOMO (PIWIK) works and the cookies used by this service via the following link: https://matomo.org/privacy/.
Typically, the data arising from your browsing that can be used for analysis are the following:
- The name of the provider domain (PSI) and/or IP address providing them with access to the network. For example, a user of provider xxx will only be identified with the domain xxx.es and/or the IP address. This way, we can draw up statistics on the countries and servers that most often visit our web site.
- The date and time of access to our web site. This helps us to identify the hours of most traffic, and to make the adjustments necessary to avoid problems of saturation during our rush hours.
- The internet address from which the link to our web comes. Thanks to this information, we can gauge the effectiveness of the different banners and links leading to our server, in order to reinforce those that offer the best results.
- The number of visitors a day to each section. This allows us to identify the most successful areas and increase and improve their content, in order that users get a more satisfactory result.
- Advertising cookies
We use advertising cookies to manage our advertising spaces. These cookies allow for the administration of these spaces based on technical criteria such as the content edited or the frequency with which adverts are shown. Selective advertising cookies from the third parties identified below may be installed while you are browsing (N.B.: as we do not control them, we accept no liability regarding the content and veracity of the information and the privacy policies of such cookies).
- DoubleClick and GOOGLE ADWORDS – Google, Inc., with registered offices at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway. Mountain View, CA 94043. USA. Further information about these cookies at: http://www.google.com/ y https://support.google.com/. You can disable DoubleClick cookies by visiting the DoubleClick disabling page (in English): http://www.doubleclick.com/.
Are cookies anonymous?
How can I manage the cookies?
Users of the web site have the option of not receiving cookies, deleting them or to be informed about how they are installed in the settings of their browser. To find out how to manage cookies in your browser, we invite you to consult its help function.
For your comfort, below, you will find information provided by the developers of the main browsers about cookie management:
- Chrome, http://support.google.com/chrome
- Explorer, http://windows.microsoft.com/
- Firefox, http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/
In the event of disabling cookies, you may not be able to make use of all the functionalities of the web site.
To disable the use of third-party advertising cookies, users can also visit the disabling page of the network advertising Initiative (NAI, Network Advertising Initiative. Page in English: https://thenai.org/opt-out/).
Notice. This document is a translation of a duly approved Spanish-language document, and is provided for informational purposes only. In the event of any discrepancy between the text of this translation and the text of the original Spanish-language document which this translation is intended to reflect, the text of the original Spanish-language document shall prevail.