Rock the New Collection
Minimalist fashion with an edge
Finding a quiet spot beside the sea during high season is always a challenge. So an early start was required for the Luxury Issue fashion-shoot for lifestyle magazine abcMallorca.
Creative director and stylist for the shoot was Helen Cummins who wanted to highlight minimalist, unstructured clothes from the Autumn & Winter collection of 2011 – 2012.
The experienced model from the UK Jennifer Jane (who used to run her own model agency in London) was the perfect choice for the shoot.
A backdrop of limestone rocks on the south coast of Mallorca illuminated the colours of the clothing to perfection. We did not seem to disturb the few nudist topping up their tan nearby.
The German photographer Thomas Baar who has worked extensively with Helen in the past, is efficient on the day and shooting was completed in less than six hours which is good going!
Clothing highlights included:
- The green and black Paula Ka dress from Kidama 600 € – perfect for comfortable day wear or with high-heels and a dressy clutch bag for evening.
- The loose fitting black Jill Sander dress from Rialto Living 545 € with a Michael Kors Jacket 549 €.
- The Hugo Boss grey knitted dress 299 € with the Pinko Hat 90 €.
- The black figure hugging Pinko Dress 315 € perfect for a night out.
- One of this seasons trends a Michael Kors silver sequins dress from Rialto Living 249 €.
Photographer: Thomas Baar
Model: Jennifer Jane
Stylist: Helen Cummins
All Jewellery from Born 22