10 tips for losing those extra kilos
Finally the ‘fiestas’ are over and it’s time to get back to your normal life and size! This can be easy or difficult depending on how much you indulged over the holidays.
For me, between the wonderful Christmas food and trying a number of restaurants for our upcoming Top 100 Guide, I managed to gain 3 kilos – which I’m not feeling good about. But there is no point in beating myself up about it and the best solution is to plan to lose this extra weight over the next 3 to 4 weeks.
The older one gets the more difficult this becomes. I remember in my 20s and 30s, I would just take care of my diet for a few days and I would be back to normal before I knew it. Now it takes a bit more effort and time to lose the excess.
Here are some tips that I have picked up along the way:
1. Don’t eat after 18.00.
2. Drink a minimum of 2 liters of water per day and better if you can manage 3 liters.
3. Drink 2 – 3 glasses of water in the morning BEFORE you eat breakfast (very good for helping to get rid of celluloid and you feel less hungry, so you eat less).
4. I used to have cereal with semi-skimmed milk for breakfast. I replaced this with a fresh fruit smoothie without bananas.
5. All kinds of berries particularly blue berries are good for detoxing the body.
6. A homemade vegetable soup with lots of cabbage, onion and celery is a great replacement for dinner in the evening.
7. There is no easy way! No bread, pasta, rice or potatoes. No sugar, salt or alcohol.
8. I’m a big fan of the famous Cabbage Soup Diets – its tough but it really works and the weight stays off for the long term.
9. Cardio exercise helps a lot. Interval training, circuit training or any thing that gets the heart rate high and then you can slow down with toning exercises in between and then raise the heart rate again with cardio …. the benefits work for hours after the workout is finished.
10. Set realistic goals and pamper yourself – if you behave with eating – give yourself a pamper treat with a new hairstyle, a facial or a massage.
If you have any tips that work for you then please let me know …… and remember you are doing this for you …… so Enjoy!
PS If you would like some more information then view our Lifestyle Detox video for some useful tips and contact Susanne Nielsen for professional advice on detox programmes.